The Singapore FinTech Association (SFA) is in the process of launching its Payments Group.
The mission of the Payments Group will be to foster the development of a payments body that reflects and promotes the growth and establishment of a vibrant payments ecosystem, and sound payments services industry in Singapore, by focusing on 4 key pillars:
1. Sharing and broadening industry knowledge and information
2. Driving industry engagement
3. Facilitating regulatory discussions
4. Building an industry organisation to represent the interest of its members
Activities and resources members will have access to include:
1. Invitations and timely access to industry consultations on payments related policies and regulations.
2. A platform for regular industry and regulatory engagement on matters of common interest, concern or benefit.
3. Industry research and surveys conducted to better understand the payments landscape.
4. Initiatives to help members gain increased visibility at key industry events and forums.
There are two ways to be involved:
Payments Group Membership
Membership will be open to SFA members* who are payments services providers operating in Singapore (licensed or exempt under the Payment Services Act), payments systems or technology providers supporting the payments industry in Singapore.
Payments Group Sub-Committee
To drive the Payments Group's programmes and assist with the day-to-day running, we are also setting up a Payment Sub-Committee (Sub-Com). Members for this Sub-Com will be selected by the SFA ExCo from the Payments Group to be a representative of a cross-section of providers and stakeholders in the payments sector in Singapore.
16 June: Payments Group interest and Sub-Committee nominations open
04 July: Deadline for submissions
05-18 July: Sub-Committee selection process, interested parties will be contacted with next steps
19 July: Sub-Committee decision announced
23 July: Sub-Committee formed and Payments Group commences
If you’re interested in joining the Payments Group or the Payments Group and Sub-Com, please fill in the form below.
*Note: Non-members who wish to join the Payments Group and Sub-Com must first join the SFA and have their SFA membership confirmed by 23 July 2021. If membership is not completed by then, membership to the Payments Group and Sub-Com will be terminated. After 23 July 2021, non-members can still join the Payments Group but applications for the Sub-Com will have closed.