- TransferTo’s mobile top-up solutions and rewards business becomes DT One (www.DTOne.com)
- Thunes (www.thunes.com) is now the new name for the cross-border payments business and will operate independently from DT One
SINGAPORE – 18 February 2019 – Today, TransferTo, a cross-border mobile top-ups and payment solutions network provider has announced a full rebrand, effective immediately, with two separate company brands, logos and identities.
TransferTo’s mobile top-up and rewards business, founded in 2005, has now changed its name to DT One and remains a leading global network for mobile top-up solutions and innovative mobile rewards.
The business has been experiencing solid year-on-year growth, and last year delivered more than a 30% increase in both revenue and transaction volume. DT One will continue to focus on building smarter data-driven mobile solutions to enable more people worldwide to have better access to digital communications.
In parallel, the cross-border payments business, which started in 2016, has branched off to operate independently from DT One and has been renamed to Thunes. This business will focus its efforts on providing better interoperability between diverse payment systems and supplying smarter payment solutions for emerging economies. Since inception, this startup has also delivered exponential growth, and in 2018, saw nearly 900% growth in revenue and processed over $2 billion worth of transactions.
“The decision to rebrand TransferTo and separate the cross-border payments business enables both companies to accelerate growth by independently delivering more targeted solutions to customers and partners,” said DT One CEO and Thunes Executive Chairman, Peter De Caluwe.
“The industry is continually evolving and we see this change as an important next step to better position ourselves to capitilise on the growth opportunities in this rapidly changing market.”
The use of new brands is effective immediately and will be fully implemented in both businesses across Q1 2019.
Latest posts by Lau Adeline (see all)
- Western Union Teams Up with Thunes to Expand Payout Capabilities to Mobile Wallets - March 19, 2019
- Thunes joins forces with Singtel and UNCDF to accelerate financial inclusion in Myanmar - February 25, 2019
- TransferTo announces rebrand with the creation of two market defining companies: DT One and Thunes - February 20, 2019