Singapore – Turkey FinTech Meetup
The Singapore – Turkey FinTech Meetup event was held on the 11th November at 6pm.
SFA supported our partner, Koophub, the regional Fintech Hub of EEMEA (Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa region) who presented on the current Turkey FinTech ecosystem, and shared valuable market insights on Turkey FinTech’s key drivers.
Turkey is aiming to be the world’s first cashless country by 2023, and their FinTech markets are estimated to be worth $15 billion and growing at an annual average of 14%.
Turkey’s FinTech market has a high potential due to its advantageous geo-proximity to leading FinTech hubs like London and Dubai, their young tech-savvy population and their sound banking industry.
We were honoured to have the following speakers join us:
- Mustafa BALTACI, Co-Founder, KOOPHub
- Murat Lutem, Ambassador of The Republic of Turkey
- Chia Hock Lai, President, Singapore FinTech Association (SFA)
- Ahmet Serdar Ibrahimcioglu, General Manager, BilisimJayakrishnan
- Gopalakrishnan, Director, Enterprise Singapore
- Tiam-Lin SZE, Senior Director, IPI Singapore
- Dea Markova, Senior Programme Manager, Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Varun Mittal, Associate Partner, EY
- Emre Buyukkilic – Country Advisory, Investment Office of the Presidency of Turkey
- Elif Isgor, Deputy Chair, Sistem Global Danışmanlık A.Ş.
The Singapore – Turkey FinTech Roundup event was jointly organised by the Singapore FinTech Association (SFA) and Koophub.
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- Agenda for the 2020 Annual General Meeting - March 18, 2020
- Nikhilesh Goel, Co-Founder of Validus Capital: “Fintech companies can help address increased financing needs during the COVID-19 outbreak” - February 26, 2020
- Founder & CEO of Syfe, Dhruv Arora shares what companies should NOT overlook during this outbreak: data protection - February 24, 2020