SFA Individual Membership: Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, the words below shall have the following meaning:
“Applicant” means the individual applying for a Membership;
“Member” means an individual with a Membership;
“Membership” means an Individual Membership with the SFA;
“Membership Fee” is defined in Clause 5;
“NTUC” means the National Trades Union Congress;
“Qualifying Individual SFA Member” means a Member who is not a member of any unions or other associations affiliated to NTUC;
“SFA” means the Singapore FinTech Association; and
“Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions.
2. MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
- All applications submitted by an Applicant for Membership must be complete, and by submitting the application, the Applicant is deemed to have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
- The Applicant represents and warrants that he/she is at least 18 years of age and that all the information submitted in the application is complete, accurate and up to date.
- The Applicant shall make payment of the Membership Fee in accordance with Clause 5. the SFA shall not be obliged to process a Membership application until the Applicant has made payment of the Membership Fee to SFA.
- SFA reserves the right and in its sole discretion to:
- determine the number of Members in SFA;
- accept or reject (without providing reasons) the Applicant’s Membership application;
- amend or withdraw any terms, conditions, and privileges of the Membership (including these Terms and Conditions) without prior notice; and
- amend, withdraw or substitute any rewards or benefits of the Membership without prior notice.
- Upon successful registration:
- the Member shall be entitled to receive the applicable Membership benefits as may apply from time to time; and
- a Member who is a Qualifying Individual SFA Member shall be entitled to receive the applicable Membership benefits and the applicable NTUC membership benefits as may apply from time to time, on condition that such Member submit an application directly to NTUC for an NTUC membership and such application is approved by NTUC. To enjoy the NTUC membership benefits, please sign up for the NTUC membership as instructed following the Membership registration. Please note that NTUC takes approximately 2-4 weeks for NTUC membership card processing; and
- the Member will be issued an SFA Membership e-card.
3. MEMBERSHIP TERM
- If the SFA approves the Applicant’s Membership application, the Membership shall be valid for one (1) year from the 1st day of the following month after the SFA approves the Applicant’s Membership application.
- Members shall not have any voting rights at SFA General Meetings.
4. MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Each Member shall, during his/her Membership, comply with these Terms and Conditions and any other policies, guidelines or terms that the SFA may notify the Member from time to time.
- Each Member shall not, during his/her Membership or after its termination, act in any way which might be detrimental to the interests or reputation of the SFA.
- Each Member agrees to keep confidential all confidential information which it may receive from SFA in the course of his/her Membership.
5. MEMBERSHIP FEES
- Each Member shall pay an annual fee of S$149 in advance for the Membership (the “Membership Fees”), unless otherwise stated. The membership fees will be charged every year or every two years, depending on the membership plan the Applicant has chosen.
- SFA may review the Membership Fees from time to time and reserves the right to adjust the Membership Fees where it considers necessary.
- For new Members, Membership Fees shall be paid upon the submission of the Membership application to SFA, and such Membership Fees shall be refunded by the SFA if SFA considers that the application or the Applicant does not qualify for Membership.
- For existing Members, the SFA shall send a renewal advice email one (1) month before the expiry of the Membership, and the Member shall pay the Membership Fees to the SFA no later than thirty (30) days prior to the date of expiry of the Membership. Any failure to make such payment may result in the termination of that Membership.
6. TERMINATION AND CANCELLATION
- SFA may suspend or terminate a Membership for any of the following reasons:
- if an existing Member fails to pay the applicable Membership Fee prior to the expiry of his/her then existing Membership;
- if the Member acts in breach of Clause 4; or
- if the Member is in material breach of any term (other than Clause 4) of these Terms and Conditions.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, SFA may suspend or terminate a Membership at any time without having to give any reasons or notice.
- Membership Fees shall not be refunded if Membership is terminated or suspended for whatever reason before the expiry of a Membership term.
- If a Member’s Membership is terminated or suspended, the Member shall cease to enjoy any benefits of the Membership.
7. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, Singapore law.
- In the event that any of these terms is held to be invalid, the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersedes all prior discussions or understandings relating to such matters.